Verdugo Hills Hospital is a Primary Stroke Center
Bringing Academic Expertise and Superior Emergency Care to our Community…
Verdugo Hills Hospital has been designated as a Primary Stroke Center, by DNV Healthcare, Inc. Verdugo Hills Hospital ensures that stroke patients receive the highest quality of comprehensive neurological care, whether onsite or at its referring facility, Keck Medical Center of USC. Regardless of how an acute stroke patient enters Verdugo Hills Hospital, our stroke team is fully trained to respond to our patients’ emergent needs.
Verdugo Hills Hospital’s Emergency Department is open around the clock, seven days a week to meet the urgent and life-threatening needs of children and adults in the community. Our program is headed by board-certified vascular neurologist, Dr. Nerses Sanossian, Assistant Professor of Neurology and Director of the Stroke Program at USC.
Our Board-Certified Emergency physicians as well as our highly-skilled nurse practitioners and experienced nursing staff provide compassionate and personalized care to each patient. Our Emergency Services include:
- Excellent medical care and attention
- Private consultation and triage rooms
- Fast Track – This service allows patients with minor cases get triaged and treated within 1 hour.
- Increased capacity, effectively designed to reduce wait times – Our average total length of stay is 2 hours and 25 minutes; this is the total amount of time a patient spends in the Emergency Department, from arrival to discharge or to admission to a patient room. (This is less than the national average time a patient spends in the Emergency Department – which is more than 4 hours.)
- EDAP-certified Emergency Department. EDAP (Emergency Department Approved for Pediatrics) means that Verdugo Hills Hospital’s Emergency Department is approved by the County of Los Angeles to receive patients from the 9-1-1 system.
- Patient Ambassadors – Unlike any other hospital in the area, Verdugo Hills Hospital has ambassadors to help ensure the comfort of patients and their families by providing warm blankets, drinks, reassurance, and information about anticipated wait times and patient status.
- Telemedicine Our online videoconferencing service is available for individuals seeking medical advice for their flu-like conditions. By using our Telemedicine service, you may access one of our Emergency physicians through the Internet – you need a telephone line and a web camera on your home personal computer or laptop.